Programme Director for Yoga Teacher Training Programme
An exciting opportunity awaits a highly experienced and qualified yoga teacher
(ERYS 500) who is ready to bring commitment and build on the vision of our expanding yoga teacher training programes. We are looking for someone who aligns with the vision and principles of the Prema Charitable Trust.
Kawai Purapura is a Registered Yoga School (RYS) with Yoga Alliance U.S. and runs 200 & 300 hour Yoga Teacher Trainings as well as retreats and community classes.
The Programme Director as the Head Lead Trainer oversees and develops our Yoga Teacher Trainings and works closely with the course coordinator and administrator. Up to half of the 200 contact hours per training are taught by the Senior Lead Teacher / Programme Director.
This person will hold the threads throughout the training and build the teaching faculty. Together with other Lead Trainers and Guest Teachers they will hold the space for the group, teaching the students in the core practice methods and techniques according to our curriculum and guides them through their training.
Mentorship forms part of the role, before, during and after the trainings.
As the Head Lead Trainer and Programme Director you not only teach our students but inspire them to delve deeper and go beyond on their Yogic Journey. Currently we train our students in a classical Hatha Yoga approach, according to the Satyananda Yoga Tradition. Ideally you have trained in this system or have a similar orientation. Our curriculum is holistic and covers various aspects of yoga and goes beyond the Asanas, teaching a integrated approach with pranayama and meditation, philosophy and lifestyle integration.
• Commitment to 3 training intakes per year as the Program Director/Head Lead Trainer
• Ability to review and develop curriculum
• Ability to lead and inspire a core faculty of trainers including guest teachers.
Hours of work:
• Up to 100hrs teaching as lead trainer and 5 hours per week overseeing the department.
• Opportunities to run additional workshops/retreats and present at our annual International Yoga Festival in partnership with Kawai Purapura Yoga Retreat.
• Pay-rates on application.
Overseas applicants need to have the appropriate work Visa.
Requirements are the E-RYT500 qualification, registered with Yoga Alliance U.S.
To apply as Programme Director and Head Lead Teacher please send your CV by email: email@example.com.
• Cover letter
• Teaching experience on Yoga teachers training or retreats etc
• Relevant certifications and yoga training experience
• 2 references (from a recognized yoga organization or person/s within the yoga industry).
Kawai Purapura is an established and much-loved yoga retreat centre in Albany, Auckland city, New Zealand with 19 acres of beautiful native bush and housing 80 residents and 30 volunteers. It hosts a plethora of events, programmes and the annual International Yoga festival each year. Kawai Purapura is a Registered Yoga School (RYS) with Yoga Alliance U.S. and runs 200 & 300 hour Yoga Teacher Trainings. Please visit www.yogatraining.nz for more details.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Hari aum tat sat.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.