Could you be our next Coordinator extraordinaire?
Kawai Purapura is an established and much-loved yoga retreat centre in Albany with 19 acres of beautiful native bush and housing 80 residents, 20 volunteers, a swimming pool, spa and sauna. It plays host to a plethora of events, programme and festivals each year.
An exciting position is available for a competent administrator to coordinate our Yoga Teacher Training programme from 26th December 2018 – 24th February 2019. You will gain invaluable experience in assisting during the 18 days intensive Yoga Teacher Training in January 2019 and in preparing for the 150 hour Module in late February / March 2019. This sole charge position enables you to work closely with lead trainers and guest yoga teachers to create, administer, deliver and monitor our programmes.
Especially during the 18 days intensive training in January you will be the point of contact for students and teachers. Apart from coordinating the course you will be in the office, dealing with pre-course enquiries, online bookings and administering post-course homework, marking and certification and feedback.
We need someone that can lend strong administration and communication skills to the role. Needless to say, you should have a keen interest in yoga and ideally be a practitioner or hold a yoga qualification.
This role is for 31.5 hours a week and the nature of the teaching sometimes requires work over the weekends when coordination of courses is required.
This position is 18 hours voluntary (accommodation onsite in exchange) and 13.5 paid hours.
This role incorporates two aspects:
1. Yoga Teachers Training Administration Role:
An administration role that forms a pivotal link between potential and existing Yoga teacher trainees and Kawai Purapura Yoga retreat as a (RYS) registered 200hr & 500hr Yoga School.
The Yoga Administration role includes the following:
· Dealing with prospective students via emails and phone.
· Processing and tracking enquiries across the different trainings.
· Monitoring bookings and payments Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word.
· Managing accounts, scholarships, payment plans schemes for YTT.
· Supporting lead trainers and course developers with administration requirements.
· Compiling necessary student resources for courses.
2. Course Co-ordination Role
· Attend scheduled administration and budgeting meetings with the Programme manager and Yoga teacher training manager.
· Updating, editing and providing content and promotional material for website and newsletters where necessary.
· Producing and maintaining pre-course information documents for students.
· Coordinate catering and accommodation requirements for students
· Communication with teaching faculty in relation to scheduling/timetabling courses.
· Organising residential needs if required by teachers.
· Organising pre-delivery & post-delivery meetings with teachers.
· Create welcome/orientation packs for new students and give welcome tour if necessary.
· Co-ordinate the venue set up with the retreats team during courses.
· Planning, coordinating, assisting and troubleshooting for teachers and students during the residential courses.
· Administering assessments for courses if a final face to face assessment is required.
· Administration and coordination of homework and marking, providing assistance to both markers and students (Proficiency in Dropbox required).
· Administration of certification for graduates.
· Post course – collate feedback and input into final report.
· Attend regular admin meetings to provide updates and reports on the Yoga teachers training.
To find out more about our Yoga Teacher Trainings and the Retreat Centre visit our homepage.
For further information, please send your CV to Norina (current coordinator) by email.
We look forward to hearing from you!
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.