Vegetarian Chef, Yoga Teacher, Massage Therapist
For this position we envision two people (perhaps a couple) who dream of living and working in a Guesthouse near Ericeira, Portugal, and will enjoy all the ups and downs of this lifestyle.
Ideal combined skillset:
• Chef (vegetarian, vegan)
• Yoga teacher (vinyasa, yin, restorative, meditation, pranayama)
• Massage therapist (full body)
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to take over social media posting (Facebook, Instagram)
• English-speaking (this will be the teaching language) PLUS fluency in one of French, Portuguese or Spanish languages
• Hold current driver’s license
Chef position requirements:
• Experienced creative vegetarian chef able to prepare excellent healthy meals (lunch & dinner) 6 days/week
o Lunch is a lighter meal consisting mainly of salads, a soup & patties made using leftovers (ability to recreate leftovers into new, exciting dishes is a must)
o Dinner is the bigger meal containing a unique, inspiring salad, 2-3 main dishes, soup and carbohydrates (rice/quinoa/couscous etc)
o The occasional healthy, sugar-free dessert
o During peak times cooking for 40 people, in general for 25 +/- depending on the season. You will have always a kitchen assistant for chopping, cleaning etc.
• Experience in cooking vegetarian, vegan, organic, healthy, nutritionally-balanced food with worldwide influences, and in catering to dietary requirements (gluten free, allergies etc.)
• Able and willing to work as an integral part of our lovely kitchen team and guesthouse in general
• You will need to be flexible, good-natured, highly motivated and work well under pressure
• 40 hours per week, 6 days, with one day off. You will be working under contract (10 month contract), including social/health insurance, work insurance, holiday pay.
Yoga Teacher position requirements:
• Experience teaching vinyasa flow, yin yoga and restorative yoga
• Two years teaching experience, accommodating total beginners and well-experienced yogis in the same class
• Able to guide meditation and pranayama classes
• Interested in creating mini-workshops as extras for the guests
• Hours: teach 2-3 yoga classes/day (75 min each) and guide 1 meditation/day (30 mins)
• General teaching schedule is
o Monday-Friday: 8.00 vinyasa yoga, 17.30 meditation, 18.15 yin/restorative yoga
o Monday-Saturday: 10.30 vinyasa yoga
Massage Therapist position requirements:
• Experienced full body masseuse
• Preferred styles: Swedish, Thai, Thai Yoga, Ayurvedic
• Additional treatments: reiki, osteopathy, craniosacral therapy
• Handyman/woman – willing to do some extra tidy-up work outside & around the guesthouse, repair work, interest in working in the garden, practical abilities
• Apt in social media – able to take over the accounts, do daily posts, social media promotion etc.
• Team player
• Functional and organized
• Current driver’s license (not essential)
• Previously lived in a retreat center/guesthouse
We require people who are willing to make a long-term commitment! You will be an integral part in the smooth running of our guesthouse and we want you to become part of our community.
NB: this position is only available to people with a European passport OR you will need to sort out your work permit situation.
If you are interested please see our website to read more about our guesthouse and what we offer. To apply please send us a short CV, motivation letter and photo, and let us know when you are ready to start and how long you envision working with us.
It would be amazing when you are still available this year for a trial. We will close the guesthouse on the 4th January and re open on the 4th March 2018.