You are welcome to our home – an eco-conscious Yoga Center, with its international family, playful dogs, beautiful views of the Lake and volcanoes, and the most delicious vegan brownies in the Universe!
We are a holistic center, based on Buddhist and Yoga principles, but with a modern, no nonsense approach. We take out some of the woo woo, and actually do the work to understand our true self.
We work hard, but we also eat super well, play, dance and laugh a lot. We live life fully here and seek to be self sustained as much as possible.
We run Teacher Training Programs, various retreats and workshops, Zen Dances and Mayan Ceremonies.
We are actively inviting people who want to help to build and grow our inspiring, and charming Center, while deepening their practice and studying with us.
Join us and make your impact!
We seek the following:
1. Computer-savvy, fun people with extensive Digital Marketing experience, SEO, WordPress, social media, data entry, and/or writing skills. English fluency required.
2. Carpentry – simple work of building shelves, show racks, kitchen table – and other mini handyman jobs.
3. Filmography and graphic design
4. Gardeners: mindful, and dedicated volunteers who can work on their own. Main tasks: create an aquaponics system, worm compost, digging swells and other garden work. Physical strength required.
5. Artists: to create Zen-based paintings, murals and sculptures around the grounds, including creating a Buddha sculpture.
Program Highlights & Benefits
• Be mentored by a renowned yoga teacher with 25+ years of experience
• 2.5 total hours of zen meditation & yoga asana practice 7 days a week
• 3 delicious vegetarian/vegan meals a day, carefully crafted to be filling & nutritious
• Participation in extra activities (ie. fire nights, temazcal (sauna), and movie night)
• Access to the beautiful Lake Atitlan and its surrounding communities
• Living in a positive, supportive community of inspiring
• Comfortable beds, hot showers and free wifi
Program Commitments and Expectations
Whatever the project, our expected time commitment from work-study participants is usually 5 hours per day. We do ask for a small monetary sum of $14/day to help cover the cost of programming, room, kitchen and cleaning staff, and 2.5 hours of daily yoga/meditation instruction. All of your basic needs will be met at the center, so there shouldn’t be a need to spend very much additional money during your stay.
Is it worth joining? Absolutely!
See you soon!
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.