Location: DeKalb, IL
The Yoga Instructor is responsible for teaching Yoga within the group exercise format in a professional and safe manner to the members and guests of the Center.
1. Teach classes as scheduled, providing modifications to accommodate varying fitness levels.
2. Teach within standard guidelines of specialty certifications.
3. Understand contraindicated exercises providing a safe and effective approach to exercise.
4. Maintain industry certification in good standing and meeting continuing education requirements.
5. Ensure arrival time allows for proper set up so that class begins on time, ends on time and that area is cleaned up after class.
6. Demonstrate accountability to schedule by avoiding missed classes and seek substitute instructors in advance.
7. Provide Yoga instruction to members and non-members in the various forms for individual and/or group settings as required for the Center.
8. Instruct other personal trainers, fitness professionals and physical therapists on the basics of Yoga as needed.
9. The ability to be flexible and accommodating as it relates to center hours and work schedules.
10. Must meet all safety requirements and certifications necessary to perform job duties.
– Certification for some specialty group exercise class instruction is required.
– High School diploma or GED preferred.
– Minimum 2 years of experience in group class instruction, teaching a variety of styles, levels and population preferred.
– CPR/AED certification required within 90 days of hire (provided by Power Wellness)
– Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and the ability to work with members in a positive, service based manner.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.