This is an excellent opportunity for unique individuals. This position is a dream
job for those that want to live in community and have a personal teacher /
mentor to grow their yoga and spiritual practice.
The Doron Yoga & Zen Center (DYZC) is a spiritual, no-nonsense retreat center
that seeks practical solutions, based on real experiences rather than religious
dogma. Self-responsibility, honesty, integrity, transparency and care for each
other are foundational values.
We study, practice and integrate yoga and Zen infused with regenerative living
inspired by permaculture and the flexitarian method along with mindfulness
actions. We seek to live The Yoga Lifestyle and share tools for sustainable joy
with the world. We offer a safe home to unlearn our limiting conditioning, and
learn how to live a joyful life including, art, yummy nutrition, dance and
philosophy programs to realize our full potential.
DYZC offers in-depth study and practice programs, along with lighthearted
dance and play. This is the land of free spirit meets responsibility and we’re
looking for the right person to become our newest live-in family member.
We have one of the most beautiful surroundings and facilities, inspirational and
rich with nature and permaculture.
We are looking for an executer, and operation manager to join our community.
• Directly supervise and be accountable for all aspects of Retreat operations.
• Be responsible for the smooth operation of the kitchen, grounds and guest
services. You will oversee, work with and back up the different
departments where needed, mostly in the communications, marketing and
• Create an environment that is passionate about providing Guest service.
• Effectively create Team Member schedules to ensure proper execution of
• Meet and exceed sales goals.
• Lead by example: achieve personal as well as Team goals.
• Motivate and track personal and Team Member sales toward goal
• Set goals for retail, re-booking, and booking goals.
• Set daily, weekly, monthly and yearly plans to achieve Retreat profitability
• Find new affiliates and opportunities to increase client base and subscriber
• Develop incentives and implement them to motivate peak performance
• Recruit, hire, and retain top talent.
• Coach Team Members to achieve peak performance.
• Create a positive Team environment.
• We have 23 beds, and hope to grow to 35- 40 guest beds. You will be
responsible for manifesting our growth program and ensure that all
systems and people function efficiently and in harmony.
• You will be the CEO’s right hand. Must be patient, detail oriented and
willing to do what it takes to bring the DYZC vision to life.
You are bright, dynamic, detail oriented, loyal, responsible, trust worthy and
• Must be fluent in English and Spanish. Part of the interview will be in
• Goal oriented individual that is also a highly motivated team player
• Strong leadership, organization, communication and interpersonal skills
• People oriented with strong customer service and public relations skills
• Proven track record in achieving sales goals
• Excellent administrative and IT skills with a passion for driving sales.
• Working knowledge of computers and standard software
• Industry experience and knowledge preferred
• Demonstrate emotional intelligence
• Available to work varied hours/weekends, evenings, holidays etc.
• Experience in training, coaching, and conflict resolution a plus
Duration: Minimum 1 year commitment
Starting Date: ASAP
Hours: 7 hours a day, 6 days a week with a willingness and commitment to be
flexible and contribute as needed.
Once proven in your position, opportunity to progress to manger role.
Compensation: Room and board, all daily classes, consultations with Doron,
high quality living (near lake, SUP, natural sauna, fire ceremonies, and many
other perks, modest salary and % of profits.
Opportunity for self-growth: Included within this arrangement are meditation
and pranayama, as well as yoga classes at the DYZC when offered. Fire nights,
dharma talks, temascal and Zen dance are also included.. Options to participate
in retreats and workshops may be available.
There is also an option for the applicant to participate in the teacher-training
course (TTC). Applicant will pay the full price at first; however will receive the full
money back in 10 monthly payments. If qualified, they would be welcomed and
encouraged to teach at DYZC afterwards (and earn more money). TTC
participation can happen after 6 months of work at the DYZC.
You agree to a minimum 2-year non-compete anywhere near Lake Atitlan
Optional to live off property.
Please send us resume, cv, photo and a paragraph on why this is your dream position!
Some Questions to include in the resume:
• Why do you think you will be right for this position?
• Can you see yourself living, working, eating, and practicing with your
peers and management?
• Do you have any admin / management experience you’d like to highlight
and please give valid examples of what you have learned.
• Have you lived overseas, in developing countries? Can you adjust to new
circumstances, lifestyle and environment?
• Any other experience you think might be relevant to the role you’d like to
note, please explain why you consider it beneficial for this role.
We are looking for an intelligent dynamic person who has a keen interest in
yoga and working on their mind, excellent administrative and IT skills, a
passion for driving sales, works well under stress and has good vibes.