Health and Wellbeing Mentor
Health and wellbeing mentors have a key guest-facing role. The mentor role requires specialist knowledge and experience in one or more of yoga, meditation, life coaching/NLP, nutrition and exercise (group classes). The mentor will be required to broaden their knowledge into all these areas through personal development and where appropriate formal training. They will work effectively with the operational and program managers to improve quality and support the relaxation and rejuvenation experience for our guests. We require mentors to have the knowledge and skills to coach and influence groups and individuals.
We are a Health and Wellbeing Retreat. We serve plant-based food and juices to de-stress the mind and body. We provide a program for guests which includes guided walks, yoga, meditation, life-makeover workshops, creativity classes, rebounding and dance classes. Guests can choose to take part in whatever activities they choose.
Essential skills and knowledge required
– Fluent in English
– Outstanding communication skills including listening, questioning, writing and teaching
– Yoga teaching qualification(s) (minimum 200 hours) and/or ability to lead group exercise classes.
Salary in the range of 18,000€ to 19,000€ per annum (depending upon experience – pro-rated down for hours below 40 hours per week).
This is a role with a minimum of 30 hours per week, shifts are worked so that the team covers every day, so the role will include weekends, early mornings and/or late evenings. More information is in the PDF document. Please send your CV to our email adress – applications close 14th March 2018, with interviews to taking place face to face or via Skype on 19th or 20th March.
La Crisalida Retreats Job description:
Health and Well-being Mentor
Overview of the role
Health and wellbeing mentors at La Crisalida Retreats have a key guest-facing role. The mentor role requires specialist knowledge and experience in one or more of yoga, meditation, life coaching/NLP, nutrition and exercise (group classes). The mentor will be required to broaden their knowledge into all these areas through personal development and where appropriate formal training. They will work effectively with the operational and program managers to improve quality and support the relaxation and rejuvenation experience for our guests. We require mentors to have the knowledge and skills to coach and influence groups and individuals.
Accountable to: Program Manager
1) Retreat Activities and Program
– Leading daily guided walks at the retreat, plus other activities where sufficient experience/qualification (rebounding, other exercise classes, meditations, life-makeover workshops, juicing demonstration, creativity classes)
– Teaching yoga classes (average of 3 or 4 classes per week, but maybe more)
– Taking welcome chats for new guests (average 2 or 3 times a week)
– Working with the Program Manager and Duty Manager to enhance the quality of the guest experience at the retreat
– Working with guests to help them move towards their health and well-being goals
– Assisting the Program Manager with input into the organisation of the La Crisalida program
– Responsible for tracking and planning ahead for high/low guest numbers, rainy days etc.
– Responsible for updating and reporting to Program Manager on guest health and wellbeing issues before and after guest arrival
– Responsible for tracking guest participation in retreat activities
– Responsible for feeding back guest issues, ideas etc. to senior management
– Participate in bi-weekly program team meetings
2) Influencing and Educating
– Helping to promote the La Crisalida Retreats health and well-being ethos and brand
– Sharing with guests La Crisalida’s approach to diet, nutrition and living a healthy and balanced lifestyle
– Coaching guests towards self-acceptance, to trust their inner voice and see their unique gifts
– Encouraging guests to listen to their bodies and intuition to find their own answers
– Managing conversation and influencing groups of guests at meal times
3) Functioning of the Retreat including Beauty Suite
– Being a point of contact for guests in addition to reception staff; answering questions about La Crisalida’s approach to health and well-being including detoxing and plant-based food (subject to training) and the La Crisalida program
– Directing general guest queries to the appropriate team within La Crisalida
– Liaising with reception and Duty Manager (DM) to ensure that all guests are looked after on arrival and that all guests have had a welcome chat/talk within 24 hours of arrival. Helping with tours around the retreat where needed
– Maintaining a professional and friendly approach to guests and work colleagues
– Assisting Duty Manager and Program Manager in maintaining and developing program and guest relations quality and standards
– Working with the Program Manager to ensure smooth operation of the Beauty suite including managing relationships with external suppliers.
– Assisting in maintaining the Beauty suite in good order, including liaison with Facilities Manager and maintaining appropriate supplies
– Keeping activity room and yoga terrace in good order, and checking all equipment required is available and ready for the guests to take part in activities, workshops etc.
– Liaising with reception, maintenance and housekeeping regarding comfort, facilities and cleanliness for guests.
– Updating the retreat noticeboard for current version of program
– Managing guest experience at meal times (e.g. welcoming guests, dealing with late arrivals or no shows for meals, encouraging guests to complete meal choice form, keeping food aside/managing those looking for second helpings)
– Helping to keep the retreat grounds and communal areas tidy, clean and presentable.
– Supporting marketing activities with photos or posts for social media
– Writing articles for our monthly newsletter and blog
– Bringing problems to the attention of the right colleague or manager (e.g. maintenance issues, running out of bottled water, teas etc)
– Helping management to ensure internal systems and procedures are consistent with guest needs
– Open up and/or lock up premises as required
– Cover basic reception responsibilities and other operational responsibilities when necessary as part of the retreat team.
– Occasional need to stay extra hours if necessary to welcome late/delayed arrivals and being on call for emergencies out of hours (as agreed). Occasional need to work split shifts as required by the business.
– Dressing appropriately, wearing (and looking after) La Crisalida staff uniform and maintaining a clean and tidy appearance
– Managing and maintaining other La Crisalida program related resources (eg books, DVDs and magazines)
– Working with Reception and management to ensure guest illness is reported and managed closely to ensure they are monitored and feel looked after.
– Upholding the La Crisalida brand and ethos as demonstrated by the mission, vision and values of the business.
– Acting as a role model for guests.
– Following any other reasonable duties as requested by management
– Supporting and covering Program Manager for routine tasks (eg devising rotas, managing external suppliers)
– Maintaining high standards in health and safety at work
Key experience, skills, attitude and qualifications
Essential experience: (applicant will need to be able to demonstrate through employment, voluntary work, or life experience)
• Influencing and leading groups
• Working with others to achieve their full potential
• Leader of yoga or group exercise classes
Desirable experience: (we would prefer it the applicant has this experience, but they do not need it to apply)
• Previous employment (paid, internship or voluntary) in a retreat environment
• Leading walks for groups
• Working and living in Spain
• Life coaching
As an essential, this role requires:
• Outstanding communication skills including listening, questioning, writing and teaching
• A professional and business-like approach for communicating with managers and work colleagues
• An open-minded attitude to learning and development
• A fluent English speaker and writer
• Basic competency with MS word, MS excel and email software
• Attention to detail in all areas of work
• Flexibility with rotas and communication style working in a small business environment
• An understanding of people and what inspires and motivates them
• Ability to understand how other people’s models of the world (beliefs, values etc) influence their decision making and levels of empowerment
• Ability to hold a healthy space for guests, without judging or overly sympathising.
• Ability to be comfortable when people are upset (with the ability to demonstrate you care, but also assisting guests to be accountable for their lives).
• Ability to know the difference between the cause of a problem and the symptoms
• Ability to self-regulate life’s highs and lows through self-awareness and self-understanding, without becoming self-absorbed
• A genuine desire to accept and be comfortable with yourself, society and the challenges of modern life
• Ability to understand the courage required to accept all of yourself
• Ability to deal in a professional way with complaints and challenging guests
• An understanding of the difference between coaching, advising and mentoring
• Flexible and open to changing rotas, as required by the business, to cover holidays and extra shifts as required
• Eagerness to understand and communicate La Crisalida’s approach to health and well-being
• Interested in people and have a desire to support people on their own health and wellbeing journey
Qualifications and knowledge
• Professional qualification in either Yoga (minimum 200 hours) or Group class instructor – Exercise to Music
• Life Coaching or NLP
• Formal Nutrition Training/Qualification
• Walking Leader Training/Qualification