JOB OFFER PILATES AND YOGA INSTRUCTOR VAKARU SURF THULUSDHOO ISLAND MALDIVES
New in the local island of Thulusdhoo, we opened a surf school, a surf shop and café. Our activities: surf school, surf guiding, physical training, pilates and yoga, surf shop and café.
Vakaru surf school offered surf classes of high quality, personalised and individual classes, surf physical training, theory video feedbacks classes for all levels of surfers.
We are looking for a pilates and yoga instructor who is passionate about helping students learn pilates and yoga and who love to lead students through exercises that help improve their well-being and physical conditions. We are looking for a pilates and yoga instructor who hold appropriate pilates and yoga credentials and can take students through cohesive pilates and yoga sequences, choose appropriate exercises , effectively correct form, and more.
Our location We are located on the beach of Thulusdhoo, North Male atoll, at 30 mn in speed boat from the city Male. It’s a paradisiac island with pristine white sand beaches and turquoise lagoon, where surfers can ride waves of very good quality as Cokes and Chicken surf breaks. Its’s a quiet and peaceful island where you can experience local islanders’ life.
• Adaptable/ Flexible
• Excellent customer service skills
• Team player and also able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Take initiative/ leadership
• Open to using techniques from the various schools of teaching.
• Utterly client-focused.
• English fluent others languages is a plus
• Enthusiastic Pilates / yoga and love sharing this passion
• Practise of surfing is a plus
Minimum qualifications for the position:
• Be eligible to stay 6 months in Thulusdhoo island
• Pilates and yoga qualifications at a recognized educational institution:
– Hold a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Instructor – 200 hour level (RYT-200)
– Hold PMA National Pilates Certification
• Maintain a positive and energetic attitude
• Have 2 years of experience leading Pilates and yoga classes
• Good working level in English
• Have a valid travel insurance
• The desire to live in Maldivian culture
About the job:
• Teaching Individual and group classes
• Cleaning and taking care of the work environment
• Welcome customer
• Marketing / promotion of Pilate/yoga programs
• Update the contact customers form.
• You will be assisting in our surf shop and café if we don’t have class
• Assisting in updating Vakaru surf activities in social media and website
• Assisting manager in communication work.
• Lead pilates and yoga classes according to the assigned schedule
• Organize, conduct Pilates and yoga retreats programs
• Communicate and enforce facility and class policies and procedures.
• Ensure all possible safety measures are observed
• Teach safe, effective exercises to a variety of clients with different levels of practices
• Responds to emergency situations as required and maintains accurate accident and incident reports
• Record all hours accurately
• Provides excellent customer service, including interacting with participants to answer questions and resolve problems.
• Demonstrates fitness to perform all activities for the duration of the class.
• Maintain strong communication with other instructional staff and management
What we offer
• Salary is based on skills and experienced will be negotiated during job interview
• Flight ticket (a part will be refund at the end of the contract)
• Room in a shared staff accommodation in Thulusdhoo ( max 2 pers)private bathroom
• One day and a half off per week
• Opportunity to live nearby the ocean, join all training programs, day-trips and other activities on your spare time or days-off, depending on availability
• Benefit from all the extra free activities we offer
• Working hours 8 H / day
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to the manager of Vakaru Surf at [e-mail only for registered members] Please look at our website before applying.