Health and Wellbeing Mentor and Yoga Teacher
Health and wellbeing mentors have a key guest-facing role. Mentors will have a deep interest (and specialist knowledge) in health and well-being demonstrated through work experience and extensive training in one or more of yoga, meditation, life coaching/NLP, nutrition or exercise (group classes). This specific vacancy is for someone with yoga teaching qualifications and experience.
Our mentors will have developed self-awareness and the ability to connect with and influence groups and individuals. They will work effectively with the operational and other areas of the business to improve quality and support the relaxation and rejuvenation experience for our guests.
Skills and Knowledge Required
– Fluent in English
– Excellent, open, communication skills – able to listen well and use good judgment in resolving any guest issues.
– Yoga teaching qualification(s) (minimum 200 hours including, ideally, Vinyasa or Flow).
– An interest in bringing out the best out of people, with ability to influence and guide individuals and groups (both in formal and informal settings)
– Shows flexibility, willing to change activities and shifts to cover holidays of team members and across seasons
– An awareness of your own beliefs and conditionings, and a basic understanding of how a lack of balance in these areas can lead to physical and emotional issues.
– An interest in nutrition and a basic understanding of the benefits of a plant-based diet (which allows the body to relax and let go of physical and emotional toxins)
– A team player. An understanding that all departments at the retreat have an important role in helping guests to relax and rejuvenate.
– IT skills. A basic knowledge of excel, word and email is essential.
– Genuinely care about people and enjoy helping them to re-connect with their inner guidance and transform
– An attention to detail, particularly with regards to arrivals, departures, and adjustments to the program/rotas etc.
– An open-minded attitude to tools and techniques for helping people to relax, rejuvenate and heal.
– An interest in working on the priorities of the business in improving quality and profitability.
– Punctual, and an ability to keep to time.
– Previous experience working in a retreat center (or similar)
– An interest in assisting with social media posts and contributing articles for the newsletter
1) Retreat Activities and Program
– Leading guided walks at the retreat, plus other activities where sufficient experience/qualification (one or more of rebounding, exercise classes, meditation, life-makeover workshop leader, life coaching, nutritional and natural approaches to health)
– Teaching yoga classes (average of 3 or 4 classes per week, but maybe more)
– Delivering welcome chats
– Helping to enhance the quality of the guest experience at the retreat
– Working with guests to help them move towards their health and well-being goals
– Getting involved with the design of our program
– Responsible for tracking and planning ahead for high/low guest numbers, rainy days etc.
– Responsible for updating and reporting on guest health and wellbeing issues before their arrival
– Responsible for tracking guest participation in activities
– Responsible for feeding back guest issues, ideas etc. to senior management
– Participate in weekly program meetings
2) Influencing and Educating
– Helping to promote our Retreats health and well-being ethos and brand
– Sharing with guests our approach to diet, nutrition and living a healthy and balanced lifestyle
– Coaching guests towards self-acceptance, to trust their inner voice and see their unique gifts
– Encouraging guests to listen to their bodies and intuition to find their own answers
– Managing and influencing groups at mealtimes to enhance their health and well-being
3) Functioning of the Retreat
– Being a point of contact for guests in addition to reception staff; answering questions about the program, detox/food (subject to training), transfers and knowing where to direct the questions
– Liaising with reception and Duty Manager (DM) to ensure that all guests are looked after on arrival and that all guests have had a welcome chat/talk within 24 hours of arrival. Helping with tours around the retreat where needed
– Keeping activity room and yoga terrace in good order and checking all equipment required is available and ready for the guests to take part in activities, workshops etc.
– Liaising with reception, maintenance, and housekeeping regarding comfort, facilities, and cleanliness for guests.
– Taking the lead to liaise with kitchen for meal times (e.g. dealing with late arrivals or no shows for meals, encouraging guests to complete meal choice form, keeping food aside/managing those looking for second helpings)
– Helping to keep the retreat grounds and communal areas tidy, clean and presentable.
– Supporting marketing activities with photos or posts for social media and writing articles for our monthly newsletter.
– Bringing problems to the attention of the right person (e.g. maintenance issues, running out of bottled water, teas etc)
– Helping management to ensure internal systems are focussed on guest needs
– Open up and/or lock up premises as required
– Cover basic reception responsibilities and other operational responsibilities when necessary as part of the retreat team.
– Occasional need to stay extra hours if necessary to welcome late/delayed arrivals and being on call for emergencies out of hours (as agreed)
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) role. Please send your CV – Applications close 22 June 2017, with interviews to take place face to face or via Skype on 24th and 25th June 2017.