Unpaid YOGA TEACHING JOB needed at an off grid COMMUNITY in PORTUGAL. We are living off grid in harmony with nature. We grow food, create our own electricity and live together in a community. We have volunteers come to help with cooking and farming and we all practice yoga daily as part of our lifestyle. We provide healthy vegetarian food, have 46 acres of beautiful land with sunset and sunrise views for meditation and many fields for acro yoga, partner yoga or walks. Accommodation is in a comfortable tent in your own private area. We are trying to create a place where we can just be, we are not a yoga retreat and do not make an income.
There are two other yoga teachers in the community, but we are busy with gardening, cooking and need to spread the load and have variation, you can attend all the other yoga classes.
Starting on 28th April for at least 1 month..
– Work 5 days per week
– 5 hours commitment per day where you are expected to do the following:
– Share load of yoga and meditation classes with resident yoga teachers over 6 days. You will teach an average of 1 class per day
– Study yoga and plan your yoga classes and other spiritual or yoga activities you may want to try
– Manage weekly movie night on spirituality or sustainability
– Cleaning yoga spaces
– Help with art and upcycling such as making eco yoga blocks
– Help in the vegetable garden growing food or in kitchen as you prefer
– Option to join the Keela Community for half a day community work in the local community on our day off
– Join all yoga classes taught by the other two yoga teacher in the community
– 3 healthy vegetarian meals per day
– Join us on trips to local community
– Attend our workshops on permaculture and sustainble living
– Learn how to grow your own food and live off grid
– Be in an environment where you can be the happiest person
Please read our website, blog and facebook page before applying. Applicants should email us via our application form.