Do you have a drive to connect with people, love to be among nature and like to achieve a conscious way of living? Keep reading, we might be searching for you!
We are looking for a couple who likes to help us managing our hotel, teach yoga classes and helps us with cooking for our guests and is willing to commit for at least 4 months.
15th of June – 15th of October –> deadline application: 1st of April 2019
15th of October – 15th of February –> deadline application: 1st of May 2019
Eden on the Chocolata
Eden on the Chocolata is a small eco-lodge overlooking the ocean on the road named La Chocolata, 3 km outside of San Juan del Sur. We have 6 wooden cabanas available for renting, a swimming pool, a yoga deck and a fitness trail.
Eden invites their guests to adapt a healthy lifestyle. We offer yoga classes in the morning and we serve healthy breakfasts and optional dinners for guests, all vegetarian and made from local products. We believe in an ethical approach to all aspects of business and tread lightly on the environment. We are mindful of our energy use, therefore we run on solar power. Our glass, paper and plastic refuse is recycled.
Our guests and services:
– Mid to high range, which means we provide a very high level of service, but the atmosphere is very personal. We have breakfast & dinner with the guests. All meals are vegetarian and family style so no ‘a la carte’.
– We arrange airport pick up on request as well as town trips, tours, spa days, surf lessons and yoga. Except for yoga, we mostly outsource all of this. We organize it for our guests and take our commission. Our guests are mostly adventurous, athletic, nature lovers and around 25-40 years old.
– You are (assistant) managers and you will work with us. Welcoming guests, do the check in and ‘explaining them the rules of the lodge’. Providing them with information about the lodge, the area etc. Socialize with the guests during meals, etc.
– Shift: Breakfast shift from 7am-2pm or dinner shift from 2pm to 9pm (technically until bedtime).
– Shift manager; checking on maids (we work with 2 maids and a maintenance guy, making sure everything is done properly, on time and in the right order. If needed do cleaning task yourselves if maids are sick or for last minute guests.
– ‘Shift host’; you arrange activities, transportation, provide information (about the surf, town, tours, hotels etc), you socialize and entertain with guests when needed.
– Depending on which shift you do, you prepare breakfast or dinner. You explain the maids what the prep work is or do it yourself if needed.
– Daily preparation of the grocery list and doing the actual groceries (you take turns with us).
– If you have the morning shift, you will teach the yoga class.
– Basic administrative task (if needed)
– Social media
– You work 5 half day shifts per week, 1 full day shift and you will get one day off every week. In November you will run the show together. In November we will be in Holland for 3 weeks and you will be working full time.
– No nonsense mentality: it is not a 9-to-5-job.
– You need to be comfortable with living in a hotel and not always having all the privacy you would like.
– `Hands-on types welcome!
– Very social. Somebody who likes to participate in activities and entertain
– Fluent in English
– Conversational in Spanish
– Able to commit for approx. 4 months
– Driving license (preferably stick shift and a 4×4 vehicle)
– One of you should be able to teach yoga.
– Must be able to cook for 12-19 persons. All vegetarian meals. We have a lot of recipes here, but you should also be able to improvise. In most cases we use fresh local products so that means we rely on the seasonal fruits and vegetables. Sometimes a certain product is not in season so you have to replace it with something different. Keep in mind that a lot of things you think are basic goods, are not available here or are expensive because they have to be imported. We cater often to vegans and people with special dietary needs.
– It is a small place so you learn everything there is to know about running a small hotel; you will be totally involved.
– There will be time for you to go to the beach, surf, relax, and go to town.
– Comfortable private cabana.
– Breakfast & Dinner with guests onsite. Lunch might consist of dinner leftovers or basic meal.
– Extra compensation through tips, commissions and yoga classes.
If this sound interesting for you, please send us an email with your motivation and cv.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.