I am looking for a dedicated yoga teacher manage and teach in a yoga space in one of Sri Lanka’s top rated hostels ran on great vibes, respect and built by travellers for travellers.
I have spent 6 months here, teaching and building a yoga space in the jungle investing lots of love, energy & creativity and am now looking for someone Who is willing to manage the “om sweet om” yoga space and at the same time wants to be part of a dynamic environment within a hostel that is built around a community of volunteers.
Any style of yoga is welcome, as long as you are dedicated to offering travellers a space to create awareness on a physical, emotional and mental level, to get zended out and get grounded.
What do we require from you?
– The position requires someone with strong positive energy, an honest nature and an open mind.
– You’d be working amongst many different personalities so you must be sociable and able to deal with others and their problems in a calm and respectful manner.
– You are certified in any style of yoga teaching.(min 200hrs) Additional experience of giving massages and teaching meditation and/or martial arts such as tai chi or qi gong would be and advantage but not essential.
– offer at least 2 yoga classes a day, this is flexible and you are free to offer more classes or workshops.
– To have at least 2 year of teaching experience.
– Experience with traveling would be an advantage, as well as some knowledge or previous experience in Sri Lanka but again, not essential.
– The minimum commitment is 3 months, although those who can commit to up to 6 months would be preferred.
– English is required and a knowledge of other languages would be helpful but not essential.
– Help with maintenance of the yoga space in terms of cleaning.
– Help with daily tasks within the hostel when needed but with the main focus on offering yoga and wellness through classes and healthy food.
– Be active on our facebook page by
– Uploading pictures of you experience and interaction with students and keep reviews up to date on our facebook page.
– To help with integrating healthy and/or even vegan food options within the hostels’ restaurant.
– Food & Accommodation
– 30% of the income from classes
– Visa is not provided, this is discussable if you commit to 6 months of stay.
How to apply:
Please get in touch with us if you are available between July, August, and September.
Send us a video of a class or text with pictures as to why you would suit this position, be yourself and stay amazing!
You’ll be working alongside local staff and volunteers from all over the globe.
At the end of the day Ladies and Lads, we need people who are HONEST AND WILLING TO WORK HARD WHILST KEEPING A GREAT ATTITUDE BECAUSE THEY BELIVE IN WHAT WE HAVE CREATED AND WANT TO BE INVOLVED.
If this tickles your tastebuds, please come and join us!
After you have made a positive impact at the Vista you are more than welcome to be a part of our sister project currently underway in Portugal and then expanding to Colombia!