Yoga Reservations & Sales Manager:
Surf Maroc is an ace team of Surf & Yoga lovers and we’re passionate about providing the best possible surfing and yoga holidays out there. Our Yoga retreats are immersive week long retreats that help transform our guests’ physical and spiritual well-being. Set in our tranquil Villa Mandala, overlooking the rugged Moroccan coastline, we are the market leader and innovator for retreats in Morocco.
With growth in demand we are now looking for a talented and team-oriented Booking and Sales Manager.
That’s ideally where you come into the picture.
We’re looking for a bright and dynamic person who has a keen interest in Yoga, travel, has excellent administrative and IT skills, a passion for driving sales and a desire to take charge of Surf Maroc’s Yoga reservations and sales development.
The right candidate will report directly to Surf Maroc’s Stakeholders as well as work alongside the Sales & Marketing team.
This role has the option for remote work and will require the right candidate to be in Morocco for at least 1 month for training at the beginning.
The role will involve the following:
• Handling all guest enquiries – friendly email and phone communication with every prospective, present & past client.
• Managing all bookings and updating the booking system – taking all Regular Retreat & Guest Teacher Retreat bookings (group bookings).
• To be focused on the needs of the customer and to be sensitive and accommodating to their requests where possible
• Handling any complaints promptly and efficiently
• Making note of return guests for team to be aware of and welcome as such
• To be fully familiar with the (in-house) computer system: Booking Layer and have a complete understanding of the reservation procedures.
• To be able to update and process payments wherever necessary. This will involve maintaining updated spreadsheets, keeping record of client information & special requests to maximize future sales, return bookings & optimize the running of each retreat.
• Punctual and clear communication with the Manager at Villa Mandala in Morocco for optimum smooth running of every retreat.
• Effective and timely communications with logistics team in Morocco for optimum smooth running of our retreats (primarily via email).
• Weekly status meetings with Marketing & Sales team as well as Management.
• Effective, punctual & friendly email and phone communication with every prospective, present & past client.
• A thorough understanding & appreciation of Villa Mandala (our Yoga retreat centre); its’ room layout & room availability as well as our rates, services and packages in order to maximize holiday sales.
• To manage and update our profiles on any 3rd party booking websites.
• Setting annual retreat theming and scheduling: choosing optimum retreat dates (6-18 months in advance).
• Following up with enquiries and being able to close the sale.
• Conducting market research to find new clients, make positive and lasting connections with opinion leaders in the growing world of Yoga & find events and festivals for Surf Maroc to attend.
• Be able to take initiative and seek continual improvement in the sales development process as well as booking process.
• Assisting in recruitment of yoga teaching team: reading CVs/filing down best applications to maximize efficiency of regular recruitment process.
• An in depth understanding of and passion for Yoga (being a practitioner or teacher is a bonus) to aid you in selling to potential guests.
• Fluent in written & spoken English (French, German &/or other languages is very useful).
• Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel, Google Drive suite, Email.
• Previous administrative experience a bonus.
• To reply to all email enquires promptly, within 12 hours of receipt.
• Previous experience with a booking platform is a plus
• Experience in a client/customer relationship management
• The role is partially remote. Villa Mandala is located here in Aourir, Morocco and so preference will be given to candidates willing to live some of the time of the year here in Morocco.
• This job is flexible hours (based on performance), with set weekly status call meetings.
• Surf Maroc is a rapidly growing company with ample opportunity for growth within the role and company.
The candidate may live anywhere in the world to do this job, but ideally fairly close by (so can easily come stay for 1-3 weeks, 3-4 times a year) or be Morocco based.
Sounds like the job for you? Then please submit your application with your CV/resume along with a cover letter referencing the following questions below:
• What is your experience level in practicing Yoga?
• Do you have any previous sales and/or market research experience?
• Similarly, any admin/management experience you’d like to highlight
• Any other experience you think might be relevant to the role you’d like to note
• Available hours