The Doron Yoga & Zen Center (DYZC) is a spiritual, no-nonsense training and retreat center. Self-responsibility, honesty, integrity, transparency and care for each other are foundational values.
We study, practice and integrate yoga and Zen infused with regenerative living, mindfulness action, and lots of fun. We seek to live The Yoga Lifestyle and share tools for sustainable joy with the world.
We’re looking for the right person to become our newest live-in team member.
“The best way to predict the future is to create it!”
Come and help us create a brighter future!
• Actively assisting with on-site customer service and reception
• Responsible of the logistics of the programs/events (transportation arrangements, check-ins, checkouts, tours booking etc.)
• Managing our Buddha Shop
• Actively supporting the ground operations (opening and closing Buddha Café, ensuring the dining tables, sitting area and the buffet are decorated accordingly etc.)
• Supporting the finance operations (inventories, reports etc.)
• Draft and prepare DYZC monthly blog posts and newsletters
• Creating website content, updates and website maintenance
• Supporting the communication via social media, external sites (e.g. bookyogaretreats.com, Airbnb.com)
• Tracking and updating the booking system and calendar.
• Managing and updating our profiles on the 3rd party booking websites
• Conducting reports related to marketing ROI
• Supporting DYZC marketing efforts
• Work experience in operations, finance, marketing and/or sales activities, preferably in a hotel/hospitality setting.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluent in English, and Spanish.
• A positive attitude, integrity, maturity and excellent communication skills – via digital as well as in person – Must love people!
• Strong sense of ownership and urgency, organizational and time management skills.
• A spirit of service, the ability to step up and perform whatever task is necessary for the good of the whole.
• Works well under pressure; problem-solver, able to multi task, and think quickly, often with changing priorities.
• Very good administrative and IT skills with a passion for driving sales
• Industry experience and knowledge preferred (hospitality, yoga teacher etc.)
• Graphic design (basic desired, advanced preferred)
• WordPress and MailChimp proficiency, preferred
• Proactive; sees what’s needed and promptly takes action.
• Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and all other relevant computer programs
Duration: Minimum 1 year
Starting Date: Open
WORK HOURS AND BENEFITS
6 days per week, approximately 7 hours per day, and will be open to work additional hours to support special events or when the need arises. We are flexible with time off when needed.
OUR BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES
• Modest salary
• Room and 3 meals per day
• Paid time off 10 days for every 6-month work
• Optional more time off in the low season (unpaid)
• Opportunity for self-growth: Included within this arrangement are meditation and pranayama, as well as yoga classes at the DYZC when offered. Fire nights, dharma talks; sauna, movie nights and Zen dance are also included when available. An awesome healthy lifestyle with lots of growth opportunity.
• Option to participate in the teacher-training course (TTC) within the first year for $500
• Participation in three DYZC retreats per year
• Quality living: lakeside, river, wholesome food, community activities, and many interesting people to connect with.
You agree to a minimum 2-year non-compete anywhere in Guatemala.
Please send us resume/CV and the answers to the questions below to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are a few questions that will help us decide if we are the right for each other. Please be thoughtful with your replies.
Remember our motivation is to make a big positive change in people’s lives. This can mean really hard work at times – lots of responsibilities and commitments so please only apply if you really want to dedicate yourself to helping make these changes.
1. Why do you think you will be right for this position?
2. Do you have any admin / management experience you’d like to highlight and please give valid examples of what you have learned.
3. Any other experience you think might be relevant to the role you’d like to note, please explain why you consider it beneficial for this role.
4. How long you can commit to the position (dates, availability)
5. The role is quite diverse, are you OK with changes in priorities, and showing up for whatever is needed at the moment?
6. What would you do to maintain a positive attitude in the retreat center with volunteers and guests at all times?
7. Are you used to live in shared houses and would you be comfortable sharing a room with someone?
8. We ask you to maintain the attitude of being a karma yogi here – not to come with the expectation of charging for giving yoga classes or massages or having another job online so that you can focus on giving a mindful attitude towards the running of the retreat center – is this okay for you?
9. What kind of yoga / meditation experience have you had?
10. Have you had previous experience working in a retreat?